Sunday, October 31, 2010

Free November fashion screensaver

Bohemian
Feathers,
Fur, faux fur,
Plums and winter berries,
Layering, with a personal allure and style all one's own...
Like the freedom of personal expression felt in the 60s, pull out old, new and borrowed from your closet, and layer it on with creative liberty.
The cape was sketched in fur, the thought being - that it was a re-fashioned fur - but when I finished sketching, it had become a cape of feathers. And the little "Juliet" plum velvet vest, is patched with old denim, and found in my book, Denim Revolution. Postcards scanned into photoshop make up the background, one of the ceiling of the "Salotto di Psiche" (Psyche Room) in the Tea Palace in Mantova, Italy -- and the other of music from Troldaugen, Norway, with the phrase "Det Forste motes sodme," roughly, translating as -- the sweet taste of the first meeting. November is lush, filled with art, music, friends, family. All of it swept up in the beauty of the last, lingering, leaves of autumn.
Best wishes to one and all,
for a lovely month,
Nancy

5 comments:

Blog actu mode beauté said...

I've just replaced my old screensaver by that one. I like the colors, it reminds me (maybe it is the goal ?) the leaves on the ground in that period of the year.

Nancy said...

Wonderful and yes!

Unknown said...

I love the color palette!

LA LA Land said...

unique blog, Wonderful sketches! I'd really enjoy following each other.

http://tatjanaslalaland.blogspot.com/

: )

Antonia at Swedish Love Affair said...

I love your work, you seem so artistic! The watercolor paintings are my favorite (duh=)))!
Really, very impressed. Great blog.

Kind wishes,
Antonia